The bathrooms in your home receive a lot of attention from you, family, friends and visitors, and potential buyers. Why not give them a little upgrade now and then? Remodeling a kitchen or a bathroom can seem like quite the undertaking, but there are several little changes you can make that will have a big impact without breaking the bank!
- New Paint– A change of color may be just what the doctor ordered. Whether you go with a bright pop, or a relaxing neutral it is an inexpensive and simple change to make. You can always use a chair rail to get the two tone look- very popular!
- Wainscoting– Water resistant wainscot paneling is a popular way to change things up! Cap of the paneling with a ledge, and now you have a display rail for pictures, cosmetics, even mason jars filled with cotton balls or flowers!
- Window Treatment– Maybe all your little room needs is a fresh window treatment. Try plantation shudders for a classic and clean look, or roman shades if you find a pattern you love.
- Storage– More storage may help clear the clutter in your bathroom, putting the focus on your decor rather than your toiletries! Try some cute baskets from Ikea, or mason jars from Walmart. If you really need more space you can find great wall mount cabinets at Lowes, or salvaged cabinets on Etsy.com. If you know a good carpenter, you can even install a niche!
- Mirrors and Fixtures– Sometimes all you need is a new mirror to move from a tradition feel to a more modern one. You can always find great deals on mirrors just about anywhere, you just have to decide on the look you’re going for. Another option is to just add a boarder or paneling over the mirror you have now.