As buyers consider where to plant their roots and buy a home, there are many factors to consider. One factor I’ve noticed has been popping up again and again, especially with younger buyers, is their proximity to “things to do.” Today, I want to take a minute to highlight some of the things to do in and around Concord, NC– a suburb just north of Charlotte.
- Lowes Motor Speedway– Obviously one of the biggest and BEST Concord attractions! Between races there are events and activities at the speedway including driving/racing experiences and tours.
- Concord Mills Mall– One of the largest outlet malls in the area with TONS of name brands… Shoppers can always find a good deal.
- Great Wolf Lodge– We have our very own indoor water park in Concord- 80,000 square feet of FUN. Plus, if you decide to stay the night (after splashing the day away) the kids will be thrilled! Some of the rooms come with indoor tents, cabins, and bunk beds.
- Frank Liske Park– This park has everything: miles of beautiful walking/biking trails, paddle boating, disc golf, playgrounds, soccer fields, outdoor grills, covered seating, and more! It really is one of the nicest public parks I have ever visited.
- Historic Downtown Concord– The absolute GEM of Concord… You’ll find unique, locally owned restaurants, shops, salons, painting and jewelry studios, and even bars! Often you can also enjoy parades, art crawls and exhibits, festivals, live music, and races in Downtown Concord!
- Cabarrus Arena and Events Center– Don’t forget one of the largest event centers in the region! The area hosts the annual county fair, along with numerous vendor shows, expos, car shows, gun shows, dog shows, dance competitions, boxing matches, auctions, you name it!!!! Check their calendar of events, because there is always something fun happening at the arena!
- PNC Music Pavillion– Technically a Charlotte attraction, this venue hosts some of the biggest names in music today. Located only a few minutes south of the Speedway, residents of Concord are only a short drive from some of their favorite shows!