As buyers consider where to plant their roots and buy a home, there are many factors to consider. One factor I’ve noticed has been popping up again and again, especially with younger buyers, is their proximity to “things to do.” Today, I want to take a minute to highlight some of the things to do in and around Kannapolis, NC– a town just north of Charlotte.
- The Gem Theater– Probably my favorite Kannapolis attraction! This theater originally opened in 1936, and it still has that wonderful ‘Old Hollywood’ vibe: red velvet seats, beautiful lobby, and balcony seating. Adult tickets are only $5, children are $4, and they are usually playing a family friendly movie on the weekends!
- CMC Northeast Stadium– Home to the Charlotte Intimidators! “Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd…” Springtime weather is perfect for an evening out in the stands. Support Charlotte’s Minor League team and enjoy funnel cake, nachos, or a loaded hot dog. There is even a play area with a bounce house for the kids!
- Skateland USA– What’s better then a Friday night at the roller rink? How about $1 Tuesdays??? Skateland USA offers $1 skate rentals every Tuesday- bring the kids for some light cardio, great music, and memories they will have forever.
- NC Music Hall of Fame– A non-profit organization and museum created to honor musicians, composers and artists with ties to North Carolina that have made significant impact in the music industry. The museum showcases artifacts from musicians from all time periods; well over 50 artists. If you are a music (or history) lover, come see what the fuss is about.
- Village Park– A beautiful public park with a fun assortment of activities for the kids all year… Including movies! Admission into the park is free with very reasonable fees for the extra activities.