As buyers consider where to plant their roots and buy a home, there are many factors to consider. One factor I’ve noticed has been popping up again and again, especially with younger buyers, is their proximity to “things to do.” Today, I want to take a minute to highlight some of the things to do in and around Cornelius, NC– a town just north of Charlotte.
- Jetton Park– This 104 acre lakefront park offers opportunities for the entire family. It includes picnic sites, lighted tennis courts, walking trails, gazebo, sunning beach (no swimming), playgrounds, restrooms, concession area and Waterfront Hall which may be reserved for special events!
- Lucky Dog Bark & Brew– Several local breweries allow you to bring along your favorite furry friend. However, not many also include a full indoor/outdoor dog park! Let your dog run around off the leash while you socialize and enjoy the sports bar atmosphere with your friends!
- Lake Norman Comedy Zone– Located on the second floor of The Gallway Hooker is one of two Charlotte comedy clubs in the Comedy Zones of America network.They offer both national and celebrity acts each and every Tuesday! Best of all, tickets can start as low as $10 each!
- Lake Norman Mini Golf– This family-friendly, 18-hole miniature-golf course features rugged landscaping and a generous snack bar.
- Lake Norman– Perhaps the BIGGEST attraction to Cornelius is Lake Norman itself! Created in the 60s by Duke Power, this body of water is 34 miles long with 520 miles of shoreline… If you enjoy boating, swimming, kayaking, fishing, paddle boarding, water skiing, or jet skiing- then get yourself to the LAKE this summer!