As buyers consider where to plant their roots and buy a home, there are many factors to consider. One factor I’ve noticed has been popping up again and again, especially with younger buyers, is their proximity to “things to do.” Today, I want to take a minute to highlight some of the things to do in and around Davidson, NC– a town just north of Charlotte.
- Tour de Food– Take a food tour! Davidson is a quaint little town full of history and rich in FLAVOR. Wind your way through historic Davidson down Main St, stopping at 5-7 different restaurants from upscale dining to the soda shop along the way. Sample some of the finest culinary delights these establishments have to offer, and you may even get to meet the owners and chefs!
- Duke Family Performance Hall– Be prepared to be entertained! This theater hosts a variety of performances from Broadway hits to intimate solos. Designed well, the acoustics are perfect and there’s not a bad seat in the house. Tickets range in price from $5-20 depending on the show (and your seats). Check out the calendar of events HERE.
- The Village Store– Whether you’re looking for a gift for a friend (or for yourself), you can find it at The Village Store. they have bags, jewelry, home decor items, shower gifts, graduation presents, teacher gifts, and more! The staff is friendly and helpful, and you are sure to enjoy your shopping experience!
- Davidson Ghost Walk– If you are a fan of storytelling and history you should try a ghost tour of this quaint Carolina town! As you walk down Main Street, through the Davidson College campus, the cemetery on North Main Street, and the village green, you will get a picture of the town’s founding and some of its most influential figures.
- Lake Norman– Perhaps the BIGGEST attraction to Cornelius is Lake Norman itself! Created in the 60s by Duke Power, this body of water is 34 miles long with 520 miles of shoreline… If you enjoy boating, swimming, kayaking, fishing, paddle boarding, water skiing, or jet skiing- then get yourself to the LAKE! We are fortunate that we can enjoy the lake- even into the fall.