Winter in the QUEEN CITY tends to be a little plain, a little brown, and very ugly. If your home is on the market, consider taking some simple steps to spruce up the exterior and give your home some extra curb appeal! Buyers start making their decision right on the street, before they even set foot inside the house. Give yourself a fighting chance to stand out- in a good way!
Here are some quick tips:
- Keep it clean! Don’t skip out on the yard work just because the grass isn’t growing! Buyers like to see the leaves picked up, grass trimmed and edged, and bushes crisp and clean. If the outside is well-maintained it will assure them the inside is well-maintained.
- Dress up the beds! Add a little extra pine straw or maybe some dark mulch and clean up the edges. Now would be a great time to even add bricks or stone around the beds.
- Mix in some color! It may be past flower season, but you can always find some great potted mums at the local grocery store. You could even add a few cute garden signs, or a fantastic wreath for the door.
- Add some lighting! A lot of buyers head out for showings after work, and it gets dark this time of year. Impress them with some fantastic “up” lighting! If you don’t want to make that kind of commitment, make sure your exterior lights are in good working order (nice and bright), and your porch is well-lit and inviting.
- Don’t forget the backyard! Outdoor living space is HUGE in today’s market, so you need to help buyers visualize what it will look like in the spring. Open the umbrella (during the day), set up the chairs, hang some cute Christmas lights, get the candles going, and/or include a portable fire pit to make it nice and cozy back there!!!
- Holiday lights should be clean and simple! You may be Griswolds of your neighborhood, but buyers will not appreciate that kind of enthusiasm. Stick with a very simple lighting design this year, and you can step it up in your new home next year!
Read more at Realtor.com- Selling Your Home This Winter? You Can Still Make Your Yard Pop