Charlotte residents are officially enjoying Spring Break! Hopefully you took Monday and Tuesday to sleep in and relax. If you are anything like me, however, you might be getting a little antsy. Add that to the fact that the KIDS are home, and you may need some new family activities. Nothing like a little SPRING CLEANING to give you an amazing sense of accomplishment this week. Here are a few projects to tackle before you go back to work.
- Clean out those closets. With the change in season comes a change in fashion! Gear up for your summer wardrobe by cleaning out some of those things you’re never going to wear again. Have the kids get rid of items that no longer fit, and make a donation to your local Salvation Army.
- Get rid of mold and mildew. Take some time to rent a power washer from your local home improvement store, and give the exterior of your home a good once over. Not only will your home look fabulous under our Carolina blue skies, but you will wash away mold and mildew that can build up and cause significant damage to your home.
- Clear the gutters. Spring time brings with it new life and unfortunately some of that new life is nesting in your gutters! Now is the time to pull out the ladder and do a quick sweep. You can check to make sure all the gutters are secure BEFORE our summer rain, and you can remove buildup for excellent water flow.
- Schedule a check-up for your AC unit. As temperatures rise, more of us will be turning on our air conditioners. It might be a good idea to have someone come out to make sure your unit is in tip top shape before the summer heat wave. Contractors get busy over the summer as AC units start to go out, so get yours checked now.
- Refresh the refrigerator. Between cookouts and kids people are in an out of the refrigerator all summer, so give your fridge a nice thorough cleaning. Wipe down shelves and drawers, and use the hose on your vacuum and clear out dust and grime from the refrigerator coils. It takes less energy to keep things cool if the coils are clean, and with the door opening and closing all summer you’ll want to keep everything nice and cold.
For tips on preparing your home to SELL, call Sarah for a free consultation: 704.706.4160