Charlotte is growing RAPIDLY, but there aren’t a ton of homes on the market… Good ones are getting snatched up within HOURS of listing, so it’s hard to find something you like for the right price. As a result, more and more people are building the home of their dreams! If you find the right builder/contractor it may not be as expensive as you think. Here are five reasons to go this route:
- Everything you want, nothing you don’t. The most obvious reason to build a custom home is because you can tailor the home to fit your exact desires. It is always difficult to find the perfect fit, and chances are even more slim when inventory is as low as it is today.
- You’re looking at some great tax breaks.You can actually deduct interest, points and property taxes paid while the home is being built!
- Create a modern and functional floor plan. Everyone has different needs when it comes to their home. For example, fewer people are utilizing dining rooms- but a master down might be really nice. Maybe you entertain a lot and you want to give your great room or outdoor living space some extra attention. When you create your own floor plan you can specify those exact needs!
- Energy efficiency is key. Older homes weren’t built with the technology and information that we have available to use today. You can create a home that is energy efficient and lower all your monthly bills for years to come.
- New homes are low maintenance. When you build a new home, all the materials and appliances are new so you’ll have warranties on everything! There is nothing worse than moving into a home only to discover the HVAC needs to be replaced. Additionally, builders will adhere to all the latest safety codes.
The Sarah Moore team has worked with several builders in and around Charlotte. Closing costs are deducted from the seller’s side of the sale, so having an agent represent you while you are building a home WON’T COST YOU A PENNY! We will fight to make sure you are always getting the best deal. Call The Sarah Moore Team today! 704.706.4160