Thinking about selling? Inventory is low in and around the Charlotte area, so the market is on FIRE! Now is the time to get your home listed, but there are a few things you might want to consider before listing. Here are a few tips for staging the home yourself:
- Make it “Move-In” Ready!
Neutralize paint, furniture and window coverings. You may love that red kitchen, but not everyone will. Buyers are more likely to put an offer on a home they feel gives them a fresh start and clean canvas.
- Declutter and depersonalize
Potential buyers want to see themselves in your home. Simplify spaces by removing TV remotes, schoolwork, piles of laundry, to-do lists on the fridge, personal photos and excessive amounts of toys. Clean out closets and begin boxing up items… you need to get a head start on packing anyway!
- Appeal to the senses
Deep clean your home or hire a professional cleaning company to make it sparkle – it gives buyers the impression the home has been well cared for! Open the blinds, turn on lights and fans, play some calming instrumental music, and consider a clean plug-in or order neutralizer.
- The Devil in the Details
Look for items in your home that are dated, have harsh patterns or edgy colors, are too small to fill a wall or are too large on a small one. Styles that clash with one another, aged wallpaper, broken items you can’t repair, rusted car parts or clutter in your yard or patios all create eyesores. It’s better to have an empty wall, an empty room or nothing at all than something that doesn’t work for the space or is unappealing. Mirror your space after current styles and trends found in design magazines…. Pinterest is your friend!
- Remove Evidence of Pets
If you have pets, consider confining them to one area of the house while your home is on the market, limiting wear and tear they have on the home. Buyers may be allergic, terrified, or just annoyed by pets and a barking dog will absolutely hurry a showing along.
Charlotte is growing RAPIDLY, but there aren’t a ton of homes on the market… Good ones are getting snatched up within HOURS of listing, so it’s hard to find something you like for the right price. As a result, more and more people are building the home of their dreams! If you find the right builder/contractor it may not be as expensive as you think. Here are five reasons to go this route:
- Everything you want, nothing you don’t. The most obvious reason to build a custom home is because you can tailor the home to fit your exact desires. It is always difficult to find the perfect fit, and chances are even more slim when inventory is as low as it is today.
- You’re looking at some great tax breaks.You can actually deduct interest, points and property taxes paid while the home is being built!
- Create a modern and functional floor plan. Everyone has different needs when it comes to their home. For example, fewer people are utilizing dining rooms- but a master down might be really nice. Maybe you entertain a lot and you want to give your great room or outdoor living space some extra attention. When you create your own floor plan you can specify those exact needs!
- Energy efficiency is key. Older homes weren’t built with the technology and information that we have available to use today. You can create a home that is energy efficient and lower all your monthly bills for years to come.
- New homes are low maintenance. When you build a new home, all the materials and appliances are new so you’ll have warranties on everything! There is nothing worse than moving into a home only to discover the HVAC needs to be replaced. Additionally, builders will adhere to all the latest safety codes.
The Sarah Moore team has worked with several builders in and around Charlotte. Closing costs are deducted from the seller’s side of the sale, so having an agent represent you while you are building a home WON’T COST YOU A PENNY! We will fight to make sure you are always getting the best deal. Call The Sarah Moore Team today! 704.706.4160
One of my favorite things about living in The Queen City is our mild weather! Check out the forecast for the next several days… a little rain and A LOT OF SUN! A welcome surprise for anyone moving here from up north! Everyone in the Charlotte area is bound to get enough vitamin D just driving too and from work. If you are looking for a home in the area give us a call today. Tracy: 704.877.9700
Take a tour around some of Charlotte’s inner core neighborhoods such as Myers Park, Midtown, and South End!
Visit our website to search for the perfect home:
Demand for homes in the Charlotte area is outpacing supply, fueling steady price increases that could bring The Queen City into a seller’s market!
In the latest monthly report on existing-home sales, the Charlotte Regional Realtor Association lists the following stats:
- The number of new listings is down from the same time last year.
- The number of closed sales through the year is up from last year.
- Average time on the market is down!
- Average sale price is up!
#SellersMarket #CharlotteHomeMarket #Sellyourhomefast #TheSarahMooreTeam
All the more reason to go with RE/MAX!
Sarah Moore- 704.706.4160
Tracy Roberts- 704.877.9700
Tori Claude- 980.621.8533
Looking for a little more adventure in your life? Our Queen City is a major city and commercial hub in North Carolina! Charlotte’s modern city center, also called Uptown, is home to the Levine Museum of the New South, Discovery Place, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and The Epicentre!
Trade in your lawn care and maintenance for an short walk to shopping, dining, and entertainment. Find the perfect condo, and you’ll even have access to community pools, gyms, and event venues! Find out for yourself why Uptown Charlotte is such a great place to live.
Call Tracy for more information today! (704) 877-9700
NY Time Article, Giving Up The Affluent Suburbs For City Living