So you desperately need a vacation this summer, but you don’t want to spend the money? Here are some ideas for a wonderful staycation!
1) Turn off your cell phone… Nothing says “out of town” like disconnecting from your network. Even if it’s just for a day, take a break from your cell phone, email, even the news!
2) Bring a destination to the dinner table… Stop by one of these neat Charlotte restaurants to bring the smells and tastes of vacation right to your kitchen: Island Paradise Jamaican Restaurant, Havana Carolina Cafe, Thai Taste, Zeitouni Grill, or Ru San’s.
3) Get your house cleaned… Vacation is appealing because it’s all play and no work. Find a local service to do a one-day deep clean, and you’ll feel like you are in the lap of luxury.
4) Have dinner delivered a couple nights in a row… Running home from work to cook for the family can become quite a chore. Pretend you are on vacation and let someone else do all the work for you.
5) Organize a babysitting trade-off with a few other families… Each night the kids will go to a different home for fun and games. This leaves you with several nights free for some quality alone (and quiet) time and only one night on duty!
6) Get your vacation soundtrack going… Sometimes all you need is good music to feel like you’ve run off to paradise!
7) Read a book… A very popular vacation activity, and the best way to escape at home! If you needs a few suggestions, check out Goodreads.
8) Go outside… Summer is a time to take a dip in the neighborhood pool, stroll around the park with your dog, or just sit on the back deck sipping wine with friends. Vitamin D can really work wonders on your body, mind, and soul.
9) Enjoy local festivals… Charlotte is big enough that there is always something fun to do, especially in the summer. From the Taste of Charlotte to Movies in the Park there is something for everyone. See a list from the Charlotte Observer.
10) Have an at home spa day… Turn your home into a relaxing resort spa: light some candles, soak in the tub, give yourself a foot rub, hire a massage therapist for a house call, gift yourself with a new robe, or splurge on high thread count sheets.