When looking for an opportunity to get fresh air and enjoy the outdoors, look no further than the mountains of North Carolina’s High Country! Summer activities such as hiking, fishing, canoeing and golfing keep guests busy while the sun is shining. Drive around and enjoy the beautiful foliage in the fall, along with plenty of shopping and dining. And during winter, local resort feature ideal conditions for snow sports, including tubing, skiing and snowboarding!
Our family has a mountain home, and we use it all the time for family retreats… It is the perfect place for a home away from home!
Call The Sarah Moore Team today, and we would be happy to refer you to some amazing realtors and property in any of North Carolina’s mountain towns!
Homes for Sale near Asheville
Charlotte residents are officially enjoying Spring Break! Hopefully you took Monday and Tuesday to sleep in and relax. If you are anything like me, however, you might be getting a little antsy. Add that to the fact that the KIDS are home, and you may need some new family activities. Nothing like a little SPRING CLEANING to give you an amazing sense of accomplishment this week. Here are a few projects to tackle before you go back to work.
- Clean out those closets. With the change in season comes a change in fashion! Gear up for your summer wardrobe by cleaning out some of those things you’re never going to wear again. Have the kids get rid of items that no longer fit, and make a donation to your local Salvation Army.
- Get rid of mold and mildew. Take some time to rent a power washer from your local home improvement store, and give the exterior of your home a good once over. Not only will your home look fabulous under our Carolina blue skies, but you will wash away mold and mildew that can build up and cause significant damage to your home.
- Clear the gutters. Spring time brings with it new life and unfortunately some of that new life is nesting in your gutters! Now is the time to pull out the ladder and do a quick sweep. You can check to make sure all the gutters are secure BEFORE our summer rain, and you can remove buildup for excellent water flow.
- Schedule a check-up for your AC unit. As temperatures rise, more of us will be turning on our air conditioners. It might be a good idea to have someone come out to make sure your unit is in tip top shape before the summer heat wave. Contractors get busy over the summer as AC units start to go out, so get yours checked now.
- Refresh the refrigerator. Between cookouts and kids people are in an out of the refrigerator all summer, so give your fridge a nice thorough cleaning. Wipe down shelves and drawers, and use the hose on your vacuum and clear out dust and grime from the refrigerator coils. It takes less energy to keep things cool if the coils are clean, and with the door opening and closing all summer you’ll want to keep everything nice and cold.
For tips on preparing your home to SELL, call Sarah for a free consultation: 704.706.4160
Buyers walk away ALL the time and for a variety of reasons! The most important thing to do is take a deep breath and move forward. There is an expression that says, “It’s easier to give birth than raise the dead,” and that is certainly true in real estate. Here are some ways to hop on the offensive, and get back in the game:
- Reach out to other interested parties.
Chances are there were a few other buyers interested in your property. Ask your agent to reach out to those agents, along with agents who were the last to show, and let them know your home is available again!
- Consider getting your own inspection, and/or making repairs.
If there were issues your last buyers found, consider scheduling your own inspection. When you get the report, you can discuss making repairs with your agent. Maybe there is something that could be fixed that will appeal to new buyers.
- Update your listing.
Talk with your agent about the price. If your contract was lower than asking price, you may consider lowing the price of your home to appeal to a wide audience. You want to stay on par with the current market. Also, you might consider freshening up the landscaping, decor, or paint. When you make changes, your agent can snap a few fresh pictures, and BAM! You are ready to sell.
I have a NEW appreciation for my sellers, and the incredible patience they have!
Just this past weekend, I put my home on the market. Although I’ve been in real estate for almost 15 years, I’ve been living in the same house the whole time. I certainly know what it takes to sell a home, but I’ve recently learned it’s much easier SAID than DONE. As I have been trying to heed my own advice, I have also been losing my marbles. The time, money, thought, and worry that goes into selling your home is universal. As soon as it is “show ready” you have to go through the trouble of KEEPING it clean at all times! Showings may come all ours of the day/night, and very often we have to find a pet sitter. I am tired and we are only a few days into this process!
My list of chores over the last month:
- Replace the counters
- Replace the backsplash
- Clean out the closets
- Neutralize paint all over the house
- Move excess decor and clunky (although beloved) furniture to storage
- Clean the carpets (move all the furniture!)
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Allow for a 2-hr photo session
- Touch up the landscaping
As if that weren’t enough, it’s a mad scramble for each showing:
- Clean the counters
- Pick up anything/everything we are working on
- Turn on all the lights
- Turn on all the fans
- Light some candles
- Put on soft relaxing music
- Pack up the dog/kids
- Find a place to hang out for 1-2hrs
Sheesh. I hear you sellers! I know your pain! I can relate! But rest assured, this will all be worth it when the right offer comes in 🙂
Sarah Moore: 704.706.4160
Demand for homes in the Charlotte area is outpacing supply, fueling steady price increases that could bring The Queen City into a seller’s market!
In the latest monthly report on existing-home sales, the Charlotte Regional Realtor Association lists the following stats:
- The number of new listings is down from the same time last year.
- The number of closed sales through the year is up from last year.
- Average time on the market is down!
- Average sale price is up!
#SellersMarket #CharlotteHomeMarket #Sellyourhomefast #TheSarahMooreTeam
Looking for a little more adventure in your life? Our Queen City is a major city and commercial hub in North Carolina! Charlotte’s modern city center, also called Uptown, is home to the Levine Museum of the New South, Discovery Place, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, and The Epicentre!
Trade in your lawn care and maintenance for an short walk to shopping, dining, and entertainment. Find the perfect condo, and you’ll even have access to community pools, gyms, and event venues! Find out for yourself why Uptown Charlotte is such a great place to live.
Call Tracy for more information today! (704) 877-9700
NY Time Article, Giving Up The Affluent Suburbs For City Living
Wow – Check out the SPACE in this AMAZING HOME!
Walk into the beautiful living/dining room, the perfect place to entertain. Then the great room opens to a HUGE kitchen with bar area. With tons of cabinet and counter space it is a cook’s dream! Plus the pantry is so spacious it’s like another ROOM!
The master suite is HUGE and the spa bathroom has been completely redone with new vanity/mirror and ceramic tile. Spacious secondary bedrooms include ample closet space and natural light!
Make this house your HOME today!!!!
Call Tracy for more details: 704.877.9700